Cannondale Synapse Carbon Disc Dura Ace 2019.
TRUE ENDURANCE MACHINERY.
This is for the riders. You know the ones — the chargers, the searchers, the hammers with nothing to prove — except to themselves. The ones who live to go long and go hard, and return home with nothing in the tank but the glow of a ride well ridden.
MEET THE NEW SAVE SYSTEMBAR. THE FIRST OF ITS KIND.
Introducing our first-ever SAVE SystemBar — ride-smoothing comfort and sleek, integrated style without the hassles of a one-piece design. The SystemBar’s elliptical SAVE bar-shape offers more smoothness than a standard bar, protecting you from the bumps while keeping you connected to the road. Multiple stem lengths and 8 degrees of pitch adjustment let you set your position just the way you like it, and a detachable mount holds both a Garmin and a Fabric Lumaray light. It’s smooth integration without the frustration.
HIGH PERFORMANCE OR FULL ENDURANCE? YES.
For those who think that to get the all-day capabilities of an endurance machine you have to give up the go, we say think again. Lighter and stiffer than ever, with asymmetric and size-optimised frame design and a rider position that encourages excess, the all-new Synapse is built to go hard, longer.
Size-specific diameters on the frame, head tube and fork steerer, along with three different fork offsets, ensure that each frame size matches the weight and power of the rider for whom it’s made. Its the kind of Nth degree obsessiveness that elevates the truly great above the merely good.
- Bottom Bracket: FSA BB30 Bearings
- Brake Levers: Shimano Dura-Ace 9120 hydro disc
- Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace 9170 hydro disc, flat mount, 160/140mm
- Chain: Shimano HG701, 11-speed
- Crank: Cannondale HollowGram Si, BB30a, w/ OPI SpideRing, 50/34
- Extra’s: Integrated SAVE Handlebar Garmin Mount and Fabric Lumaray front light
- Fork: NEW Synapse Disc Asymmetric, SAVE PLUS, BallisTec Carbon, integrated crown race, size-specific design 44-48: 1 1/8 steerer, 60mm rake 51-54: 1-1/8 - 1-1/4 tapered steerer, 55mm rake 56-61: 1-1/8 - 1-3/8 tapered steerer, 45mm rake
- Frame: NEW Synapse Disc, BallisTec Carbon, Di2 ready, SAVE PLUS, BB30a, flat mount, 12mm thru axle
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, braze-on
- Grips: Cannondale Grip Bar Tape w/Gel, 3.5mm
- Handlebar: Cannondale SAVE SystemBar, Carbon
- Headset: Synapse Si, 25mm carbon top cap
- Hubs: Fulcrum Racing 500 Disc, 17mm inner, Alloy Clincher 100x12mm front, 142x12mm rear
- Rear Cogs: Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-30, 11-speed
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100
- Rims: Fulcrum Racing 500 DB, 17mm inner, 26mm deep
- Saddle: Fabric Scoop Shallow Race, Ti Rail
- Seatpost: Cannondale SAVE Carbon, 25.4x350mm (44-56), 400mm (58-61)
- Shifters: Shimano Dura-Ace 9120 hydro disc
- Speeds: 22
- Spokes: Fulcrum double butted, Stainless
- Stem: Cannondale SAVE System
- Tyres: Vittoria Rubino Pro 700x28c
- Pedals: Not included
Note: These are Cannondale’s standard model specifications. We do our best to ensure that the specifications listed here accurately reflect the exact parts found on Cannondale’s production bikes. However, component changes do occur for various reasons and there may be brief delays on site updates. Cannondale reserve the right to make component changes without prior notification, which may cause discrepancies with the information listed on the web. Images are for illustrative purposes only.
Innovations & Technology:
When its just not for the sake of saving grams - in other words, when its combined with racey snap and sublime feel - theres just no substitute for light weight. 950 grams for a frame like this? Believe it.
Race Level Stiffness
An asymmetrically designed frame and fork balance pedalling and disc loads to deliver World Tour sprinter level stiffness. Get ready to lay down power and rail corners like you wouldnt believe.
SAVE SystemBar - ride - smoothing comfort and sleek, integrated style without the hassles of a one-piece design.
The 25.4mm SAVE post and integrated seat binder work with the rest of the SAVE system to enhance comfort and reduce fatigue.
Engineered to tune the harshness out of choppy road surfaces, and tune you in to whats happening at your tyres contact patches, so that you can concentrate on the important stuff - like nailing the right line or beating the sun home.
Endurance Race Geometry
Endurance Race Geometry strikes the perfect performance balance between full race aggression and the relaxed upright comfort of other endurance rigs.
Hidden mounts and a removable seat stay bridge ensure that the Synapse is fully mudguard-ready for long days with no spray.
Room for 32
Embrace the backroads, the rough roads, the highways and the byways. With room in the front and rear for tyres as big as 32mm (measured/actual) and SAVE Micro-Suspension, Synapse is ready for any road, anywhere.
Thru-axles front and rear might seem like cost-of-entry these days, but often theyre overkill. But ride this bike like its intended to be ridden and overkill, they aint.
The seat tube splits asymmetrically to meet with the wide, 73mm BB30A for maximum stiffness with minimal weight.